- Informative, educational, and inspirational monthly meetings keeps our members artistically engaged.
- Opportunities to enter your artwork in GAL & Quinlan exhibitions.
- Informative Newsletters, Facebook and Web page keeps our members well informed.
- Meeting new people.
- Learn from a Mentor or become one.
Publishing Your Work
The Georgia Art League helps promote you and your work. You may choose to have your email, web page and/or business face book page shared on the GAL website. By becoming a member, you agree that any artwork submitted by you for exhibitions, donations, or displays may be published on any Georgia Art league website, email, facebook, or twitter page, or other electronic or printed means, including any GAL promotional materials in perpetuity. Copyright remains with the artist. Promoting you and your artwork is what we love to do.
The GAL networking is a hub for providing information about opportunities to exhibit your artwork and about classes and workshops. If you have information about upcoming events, please e-mail information to: email@example.com, and your e-mail will be sent out to the membership. If you know about a class, workshop, or show to enter, please let us know in order to share the news.
What is "The Petite Boutique"?
The Georgia Art League, in collaboration with the Quinlan, launched an ongoing fund-raising project called "Petite Boutique". Members donate miniature or mini artworks (2 1/2 X 3, up to 4X6, X6 if 3-d) to hang on a special display in the Quinlan gift shop and are sold for $20. The Quinlan graciously handles the sales and gives us back 100% of the proceeds. With those proceeds we have already been able to purchase a new hanging system for artwork in the sawyer gallery. How do you help? Create one or more mini artworks, keep price at or under $20, make it able to be hung on the display, and bring it to any meeting. This is a wonderful opportunity for us to earn the upgrades we seek and have fun in the process. Let your imaginations bloom for this effort, and show the high quality standards we strive for in the Georgia Art League.
We Want Your Feedback
The Georgia Art League can thrive when you voice your opinions and give us feedback. We want to be responsive to what programs you like, ideas for improvement, new ideas,..you get the picture. You may email any officer to share your thoughts.
Your Help is Needed So Please Get Involved
Help get the job done. Right now we need help in the following areas:
- The exhibition committee always needs help taking in artwork, installation for the exhibitions, and making labels.
- Someone to proofread the website to catch typos, see that links work correctly, report any areas for improvement, and someone experienced in web design to help keep our website current.
- If you are good with Facebook we need you to help spread the news.
- Like to take photos? We always need photos of happenings in meetings, and after the exhibitions are hung, we love to show off all the entries on the website so we need photos (and identifying information.) we also need photos of our exhibition prize-winners.
- We need volunteer help from everyone in setting up the meeting room and taking down the chairs and tables afterward.
We have a great league, and we want to make it even better,
and with your help we can.
and with your help we can.